Focus and Scope
International Journal of English Studies (IJES) is a double-blind, peer review journal which seeks to reflect developments in the general field of English Studies: Theoretical and Applied English Linguistics, Literature in English and Culture of the English-speaking countries.
IJES is published twice a year. The journal publishes regular open issues in both June and December. Monographs can also be considered for publication as special issues after a careful review of the proposals by the Editorial and Advisory Boards.
There are no submission deadlines for articles in the regular issues, monograph proposals or book review proposals.
IJES is an open access journal. The journal is freely available without charge to readers or their institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access. If content is resused by authors in other academic publications, the journal should be acknowledged as the original source.
IJES has no submission or publication-related fees.
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
All articles in open issues and special issues (monographs), monograph proposals and book reviews go under a strict two-step blind peer-review process undertaken by experts in the corresponding areas of each contribution.
Internal Review. The editors first review each manuscript to see if it meets the basic requirements specified in the general and stylesheet guidelines described below, and that it is of sufficient quality to merit external review. Manuscripts that do not meet these requirements are not sent out for further review. The internal review generally takes 1-2 weeks. Following the internal review, authors are notified of the results.
External Review. Submissions which meet the basic requirements are then sent out for blind peer review by 2 experts in the field. The external review takes approximately 3-4 months. Following the external review, the authors are sent copies of the external reviewers’ comments and are notified as to the decision (accept as is, revisions required, resubmit for review, decline).
IJES uses plagiarism screening services to detect instances of overlapping and similar text in submitted manuscripts. If plagiarism is detected, the submission will be turned down.
In addition, following the Author Guidelines (see 'For Authors') in the menu, submissions already published, in press, or currently considered for publication elsewhere will be turned down.
Statement of Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice
IJES provides a platform for open and grounded discussion on issues related to the field of English Studies. As hosted by the Open Journal Access System (OJS), IJES keeps record of all the steps previous to the publication of each article and issue and guarantees confidentiality of the information recorded at all the stages leading up to the publication (or rejection) of an article and issue.
IJES assumes and is committed to maintaining the highest standards of publication ethics and will take all necessary measures against any publication malpractices. At the same time, IJES expects that all parties involved in the publication –General Editor, Editorial Board, Reviewers and Authors- will commit to the following guidelines on publication ethics against malpractice:
The General Editor of IJES,
- Will not tolerate plagiarism or unethical behavior.
- Is responsible for the final decision on the publication of the articles submitted to the journal.
- Will be guided by the reviewers’ recommendations, the policies of the Journal's Editorial Board, the most relevant and recent research interests in the field, and any other legal requirement applicable, especially regarding copyright infringement and plagiarism.
The Editorial Board of IJES,
- Will guarantee that the policy specified in this Statement of Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice be adequately fulfilled.
- Will disclose any conflicts of interest.
- Will keep all the information pertaining to manuscripts received and their authors confidential.
The reviewers of IJES,
- Will keep the information regarding the manuscripts submitted for review confidential.
- Will evaluate the manuscripts only for their intellectual content and following objective criteria, adequately specified by the Journal.
- Will express their evaluations in a non-contemptuous manner.
- Will immediately report to the General Editor any kind of similarity between the manuscript and other published papers.
The authors of IJES,
Will complete the Submission Preparation Checklist prior to the submission of an article, which requires, among others, that authors
- Guarantee that their contributions are original works which have not been published previously and are not currently being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Explicitly accept liability for the ethical aspects related to the subjects of their study.
- Sign the copyright assignment to the publisher upon acceptance.
- Identify all sources used in the elaboration of their manuscript.
- Take responsibility for obtaining permission to reproduce any illustrations, tables, etc. from other publishers and to properly acknowledge other authors’ works.
- State that the opinions expressed in their articles do not necessarily coincide with those of the General Editor, who will not accept liability for the contents included in the articles.
Online ISSN: 1989-6131 - Print ISSN: 1578-7044